5 Reasons to Hire An Electrician
Don't just hire an electrician in Lubbock
There are numerous benefits to doing your own electrician work. You save money, it can be more convenient than hiring and waiting on an professional residential electrician, and you can call the shots.
Regardless of this, even the most skilled DIY electrician may get to the point when it's time to call in a specialist.
Which is why we’ve rounded up the top 5 reasons why you should hire an electrician:
1. Permits and Inspectors Become Part of the Picture
Once you decide to paint a room in your home or office, that’s all you have to do - admire the color choice and pat yourself on the back for the hard work you put into painting those walls. While you ought to keep fundamental property practices, nobody visits later to look into your work. Permits are not needed for painting a room. Inspectors do not need to authorize the trim work around your windows.
Electrical work does, however. If you're going to do some homeowner-driven electrical system work the best way, you will certainly draw permits and have inspectors see the work after.
2. What do electricians do? It’s not all fun and games.
In comparison to other renovating jobs, like sanding drywall or digging up sewer pipelines, electrical work can be identified as "fun" (in addition to "clean" and "practical").
Because of this, few people enjoy doing their own electrical work and do not feel the need of hiring an electrician. When you go back and contrast the electrical work to various other things in your life unrelated to handy DIY repair work having fun with your youngsters, traveling, dining in a restaurant, watching a movie-- running a 12/2 cord via a dusty cellar panel is not terrific by comparison. Put simply, you have actually got better things to do in life and hiring a professional allows you to do so.
3. Electricians Know Things You Don't Know
You employ individuals because they can do things you can’t: e.g. flying business jets, corporate lawsuits, fixing Teslas. Because you recognize absolutely nothing about the task, there is no question about working with an expert.
You get into murky and commonly hazardous territory when you recognize a few features of the job-at-hand. As they claim, a little expertise can be hazardous.
The problem is worsened when you are constantly encouraged to “Do it Yourself” as home improvement stores are overrun with boxes, cables, electrical outlets, lights and automatic lights practically asking to be homeowner-installed.
This point about understanding and experience is at the core of the debate. Even if you understand 92% of electrical work, it's the other 8% that can hurt you.
4. Electricians Are Costly, however You Can Control Prices
Electricians are true specialists, and whenever they are in your home, you can simply hear the "cash clock" ticking away and your costs swiftly escalating.
By taking a smarter approach however, you can limit your expenses. Easy factors like having your circuits appropriately mapped out can save electricians from doing it for you. It’s also important to do your due diligence with electrician companies within your area and see which contractor provides the best quote. (Give Lubbock Electrician Co. a call and we can guarantee the best competitive rate!)
5. Electric Work Can Be Harmful
Fatality caused by house renovations comes in various, often unexpected forms. The CDC tells us that within the workplace “c falls remain a leading cause of unintentional injury [deaths] nationwide, and 43 percent of fatal falls in the last decade have involved a ladder." From 1992 to 2002, electrocution was # 6 in the list of factors for workplace fatalities.
No matter how “minor” the job, for example painting the house, to more “risky”, for instance electrical work, 200 amps are enough to kill you, and that’s what the majority of homes have in their circuit box. 15A or 20A can do it, depending upon the home electrical problems.
Even if you are careful and take the correct steps to prevent electric shock, it is important you contact a professional electrician when you need even more assistance.
Still not sure if you need an electrician? Give the team at Lubbock Electrician Co. a call and we would be happy to answer any of your questions today!